GroupThink and the effect it could have on major decision within an organization. This is one of the clips from my MBA programme @WarwickMBA.
Whilst there are advantages with making joint decisions as a group, we need to be smart enough to identify when it’s becoming destructive. This clip will highlight the importance of not suppressing individuals’ views.
Ways to overcome the effect are as follows
- An informal, relaxed atmosphere in the group, which shows that members are involved and interested.
- Full participation by all members in the discussion, which remains focused upon the task.
- Acceptance of the group objective by all.
- Members listen to each other and are not afraid to make creative suggestions.
- Disagreements are fully discussed and either resolved or lived with.
- Most decisions are reached by consensus.
- Criticism is frank and frequent, without degenerating into personal attacks.
- Group members are free to express their feelings about the way the group is functioning.
- Actions are clearly assigned to group members and are carried out by them.
- Leadership within the group shifts occasionally and tends to be based on expertise rather than formal status or position.
- The group is self-conscious about its own operation and regularly reviews the way it goes about its business.
Reference: Organization behaviour module, Warwick MBA.
Thanks for sharing your ideas here. I really like it.
Heya this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Is it okay to insert a portion of this on my website if perhaps I submit a reference point to this web-site?
Yes, you can…